The Cape Cod Antiques Dealers Association established the Cultural Enrichment Fund in 2010. The purpose of this fund is to provide grants to Cape Cod historical associations, museums, cultural centers, and libraries for programs that will add to the public’s appreciation of antiques and heritage.
The grants are awarded within the following guidelines:
- Seed money for new projects.
- Assistance in completion of a current project.
- Acquisition of an artifact, collection, or other object appropriate to the applying institution.
- Conservation of a previously owned or newly acquired object.
- Support of an educational project.
Each grant will be in the amount of $1000 or less.
Recipients from the eight cultural organizations that were awarded funds during this year’s Cape Cod Antique Dealers Association Cultural Enrichment Fund cycle include: Front row: Nancy Howes, Dennis Historical Society; Tamsen Cornell, Orleans Historical Society; Nancy Rae, Wellfleet Historical Society; Joanne Lamonthe, Sandwich Public Library. Second Row: Pat Goff, Cape Cod Maritime Museum; Desiree Mobed, Harwich Historical Society; Arthur Crooks, West Dennis Free Library; Randy Hoel, Centerville Historical Museum.
- Orleans Historical Society
- Dennis Historical Society
- Wellfleet Historical Society
- Sandwich Public Library
- Cape Cod Maritime Museum
- Harwich Historical Society
- West Dennis Free Library
- Centerville Historical Museum.
- Historical Society of Old Yarmouth – the conservation of a 1795 town map.
- Harwich Historical Society- to clean and restore a Charles D. Cahoon painting, “Ice Boating on Long Pond”.
- Osterville Historical Society-to purchase digital frame for digitized postcard collection.
- Truro Historical Society-to purchase display cases for Native American artifacts.
- Wellfleet Historical Society-to support their educational “Treasure Chest” project.
- The grants were presented to the recipients January 26, 2013 at the Cultural Center of Cape Cod.
- Falmouth Museums on the Green to purchase items for a newly restored bedroom
- Historical Society of Santuit and Cotuit to preserve and digitally scan a collection of early photographs
- Pilgrim Monument and Provincetown Museum to protect and frame a recently conserved Civil War “Banner of Volunteers”
- Yarmouth Port Library to help conserve a ship model in their collection
The grants were presented to the recipients January 26, 2012 at the Cultural Center of Cape Cod.
Information for Prospective Applicants
Institutions are invited to apply for the 2013 grants by letter no later than October 31, 2013. The letter should include a detailed description of the project stating what they hope to achieve with the help of the grant. Supporting documents and photographs would be helpful. Proof of 501(c)3 certification is required. The recipients will be notified in December 2013 and awarded in January 2014. For further information, please contact Priscilla Hutchinson, Chairman of the Cultural Enrichment Fund: 508 694 6288 or email@example.com